Jupiter May 12th 2018 03:06 UT (11 min)

Last night was overcast, so today I decided to try some different RGB processing techniques using five RGB sequences from May 12th, the ones first to be recorded when I started imaging Jupiter. I stacked some more frames than I used to in Autostakkert 3. Then I applied Wavelets in Registax without denoising it and resized image 200% using Mitchell filter. Combined the RGB images in Photoshop without applying noise despeckle filter but applied Auto Color adjustment plus Unsharp Mask filter, amount 40% and radius 3,1 pixels. Then I processed the de-rotation of the five color images with Winjupos. I think the final image is quite nice considering the turbulent sky condition and modest size of my Celestron C8.

2018-05-12-0306_0-P_Enache

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close